Want to book Richard Scarsbrook
for a READING,
a BOOK SIGNING,
or an INTERVIEW?
Reading at the Eden Mills Writers Festival, September 2003
(Photo by Trevor Wilker)
An unorthodox reading at Idle Kids, Detroit, Michigan, July 2004.
(Photo by Robert Earl Stewart)
Talking with guests at the launch party for Cheeseburger Subversive, at Bar Italia, Toronto, May 2003 (Photo by Jim Jensen)
Reading at the Windsor Festival of the Book, October 2005.
Reading in the TD Centre courtyard during the ArtsWeek Toronto 2005 Kickoff
Signing copies of Cheeseburger Subversive at the York Region Board of Education's 2005 White Pine Award Celebration. (Photo collage by Tammy Chang)
Authors Richard Scarsbrook, Steven Heighton, Judith Bowen, Mike McCardell, and Rachna Gilmore at the 2006 Powell River Festival of Writers.
Booking SCHOOL and LIBRARY APPEARANCES
Richard Scarsbrook is booking NOW for school and library appearances in 2010/2011. He has over fifteen years teaching experience, and can present on a variety of writing-related topics to groups of varying size and age. Funding assistance is available through The Writers' Union of Canada Writers in the Schools Program, as well as throught The Canada Council for the Arts Readings Program.
Here is what teachers and librarians have to say about Richard Scarsbrook's presentations:
"Richard Scarsbrook's presentation at York Region District's White Pine Celebration was fantastic. He captured and held the attention of some 400 high school students as he told us about his life as an author and read from his thoroughly entertaining book Cheeseburger Subversive. Some students commented that they could even see this book adapted as a Hollywood movie. Highly recommended!" - Rob Baxter, Teacher-Librarian, York Region District School Board
"Richard. . . toured schools and libraries. .. for TD Canadian Children's Book Week. Without any hesitation, I can say Richard was a huge success with students and teachers alike. I was amazed at his ability to make each of his presentations fresh and dynamic. . . Richard has a real passion for writing. He also has an excellent rapport with students. I recommend him to you without reservation." - Collene Ferguson, Manitoba Regional Officer, Canadian Children's Book Centre
"(Richard's) sense of humour was a real hit with the students. I really appreciated the fact that Richard encourages youth to share their talents and provides useful constructive feedback. " - Elsa Ngan, Librarian, Toronto Public Library
EMAIL to reserve a booking!
Readings and Events!
Monday, November 4, 2013
Creative Writing Workshop
6:30 to 8:30 PM
at The Orangeville Public Library
1 Mill Street
As a follow-up to the very popular series of workshops from earlier this year,
will be offering three evenings of
Creative Writing Workshops!
Bring in a short story, poem,
or piece of creative non-fiction,
and then perfect your piece with feedback
from Richard and the gathered audience.
More info HERE!
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
OFFICIAL BOOK LAUNCH PARTY
6:30 to 8:30 PM
67 Front Street East
(south-east corner of Front and Church, downstairs)
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
READING at THE BROCKTON WRITERS SERIES
Nothing Man and The Purple Zero
Coffee House and Roastery
1348 Dundas St. West
makes his first appearance
at the awesome Brockton Series,
to read from his brand-new novel,
Nothing Man and The Purple Zero,
as well as from his brand-new
poetry collection, Six Weeks.
More info HERE!
Monday, November 18, 2013
CREATIVE WRITING WORKSHOP
7:00 to 8:30 PM
at The Pickering Public Library
1 The Esplanade,
Details TBA soon!
Listen to Richard Scarsbrook reading a clip from "The Twilight Girl" from Destiny's Telescope at Authors Aloud .
Great readings can also be heard from such Canadian literary luminaries as Steven Heighton, Nino Ricci, Trevor Cole, Russell Smith, Heather Birrell, Catherine Bush, Michael Redhill, Paul Quarrington, and many others.
Check it out HERE:
will be listed soon!
CREATIVE WRITING CLASSES
Reading at The Monkeyface Chronicles Book Luanch Extravaganza, April 2010 (Photo by Jason Thompson)
- West Cork Literary Festival, Bantry, Ireland, 2011
- Word on the Street, Kitchener, 2011
- Ontario Library Association's White Pine Award Ceremony, Harbourfront, Toronto, 2011
- White Pine Author Panel Discussion and Workshops, Bill Crothers Secondary, 2011
- 2011 "Author in the Schools" appearances at Bishop Strachan School, Bloor Collegiate, St. Vincent du Paul, Victoria Park CI, (Toronto), Bother Andre (Markham), Ajax HS (Ajax), Pine Pine Ridge SS (Pickering), St. Stephen (Bowmanville), Northumberland SS (Brighton), CDCI East, CDCI West, St. Mry's (Cobourg), Prince Edward Collegiate (Picton), Streetsville Secondary (Streetsville), Immaculata, St. Joseph, Mother Theresa, Lester B. Pearson Highs Schools (Ottawa), Albert College (Belleville), Mackenzie HS (Deep River), General Panet, Fellowes HS (Petawawa), Madawaska Valley HS (Barry's Bay), Opeongo HS (Eganville), Rrenfrew Collegiate (Renfrew), Arnprior DHS (Arnprior), etc.
- Multiple 2011 library appearance and workshops at various Toronto Public Libraries, Milton Public Library, Brampton Public Library, Pickering Public Library,
- Niagara Regions DSB Student Writing Conference, Keynote Speaker, 2011
- Appearances at The Saskatchewan Festival of Words, July 2010
- Interviewed on TV show Daytime Toronto, June 2010
- Interviewed on TV show Daytime Durham, March 2010 and April 2010
- School and Library appearances through Canadian Children's Book Centre and the Writers' Union of Canada, ongoing, 2003 to present
- Multiple author appearances and creative writing workshops at the Toronto, Ajax, Whitby, and Pickering Public Libraries, 2003 to present
- Reading and Workshop presenter, Ottawa International Writer's Festival, April 2010
- York Region Board of Education Author Day WebCasts, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Toronto Reading Council Conference, October 17, 2009
- Toured Belgium and England for the St. Joseph's Institute's stage adaptation of Cheeseburger Subversive, 2007
- Interviewed on CBC Radio One's Freestyle <http://toronto.cbc.ca/hereandnow/>, March 2007
- Book Expo Canada, June 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
- Reading and Workshop presenter, Powell River Writer's Festival, British Columbia, April 2006
- Gave readings and workshops at school and libraries across Manitoba, as a participant in the Canadian Book Week Tour, October/November 2005
- Presented several workshops and readings for the Toronto Public Library's Teen Book Month, October 2005
- Writing workshop for the Writers Circle of Durham Region, June 2005
- Presentation at Listowel District Secondary School White Pine Award Celebration, May 2005
- Author presentation at the Peterborough Separate and Kawartha Pine Ridge Boards of Education White Pine Award Celebration, May 2005
- Reading and Presentation at the OLA White Pine Award Ceremony, May 2005
- Reading and presentation at the York Region Board of Education White Pine Award Celebrations, April 2005, 2006, 2007
- Word on the Street author panel, Toronto, September 2006
- The Ontario Library Association's SuperConference <http://www.accessola.com/superconference2005/>, 2005, 2007
- Author Discussion Panel The Windsor http://www.windsorfestivalofthebook.ca/ BookFest, 2004, 2006
- Interviewed on CBC Radio One's Here and Now <http://toronto.cbc.ca/hereandnow/>, August 2003
- Reading, School and Library Appearance at The Windsor http://www.windsorfestivalofthebook.ca/ BookFest, 2004, 2006 (also booked for 2010)
- Readings and presentations at the George Brown College Spring Reading events at Nicholas Hoare Bookstore, annually from 2003 to present.
- Appearances at The Eden Mills Writers Festival <http://www.edenmillswritersfestival.ca/>, 2003 and the Stratford Book Festival <http://www.stratfordbookfestival.ca/>,
2003, 2004, 2005
- Readings given at The Renaissance Cafe <http://www.renaissancecafe.ca/>, 2004, The CAN/AM Lit Jam Reading Tour, 2004, The Pagitica Reading Series, 2003, The Art Bar Reading Series, 2002